[arch-general] How to autostart ufw on system startup?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 16 10:48:14 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:35:42PM -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
> Okay, so do I do
>
> 1)  sudo systemctl enable ufw
>
> or,
>
> 2) sudo systemctl enable ufw.service
>
> or, both?

>On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 10:49 PM, Sebastian M. wrote:
>> It does the same. Please read the wiki.

>>On Wed, 15 Apr 2015 23:25:54 -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
>>>And yes, I do read the wiki articles, whenever I have the time,
>>>patience and intelligence to do so.  Which isn't easy after a very
>>>long, difficult day of learning to install and set up Arch.
>>>
>>>But I did want to get a firewall up and running, quicky.  There are
>>>lots of bad guys out there these days.

Hi,

a few seconds of trail and error would have answered this question
quick as lightning ;), but to mention this isn't the reason for my
reply. My concern is off-topic. Anyway, it fits to this thread. It
became a fashion to drop interleaved reply style and bottom posting.
Please, if you don't want to use interleaved reply style or bottom
posting, then _don't_ quote text below your reply.

TIA,
Ralf