[arch-general] Unzip archive in which are multiple sub zip archiers?

Maarten de Vries maarten at de-vri.es
Fri Apr 17 16:29:36 UTC 2015

On 17 April 2015 at 18:08, Csányi Pál <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just get a ZIP archive and want to unzip it.
>
> I'm using unzip to unpack this archive.
>
> But when I did first unzip command, I get more ZIP archives, which
> have again in it more ZIP archives.
>
> Is there a command or application whic can unzip this ZIP archive and
> it's sub ZIP archives at once?

​Hey,

That doesn't sound like a common enough use case that someone would have
written a program just for that purpose. But you could write a simple shell
script (or whatever you prefer) to recursively unzip a bunch of zip files.​
Keep in mind not to unzip the same files forever of course.

​Regards,
Maarten​