[arch-general] update error(?)

john at johneb47.id.au john at johneb47.id.au
Wed Apr 22 09:24:55 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 09:10:00AM -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
> Okay . . .
>
> Thank you for the input.
>
> May I just state that I can (and do) use all of the information resources
> aforementioned.  Oh, if you only knew the may hours I have spent reading,
> reading, reading.  Yes, I have learned much from reading.
>
> But reading is not always the most efficient or even the most effective
> learning modality.  Often, just asking questions is the best way to
> promote knowledge transfer.

Francis,
       Do not become discouraged, you are asking your questions on the right list. I have been using Archlinux for about seven years and Linux as an OS for more than twenty years and I am still learning new ways of doing things. eg: rankmirrors from this discussion was something new that I learnt. Sure you have to search the wiki and the man pages and the HOWTOs to gain information but when all else fails ask on the lists.
Also don't forget the forums, these can be heavy but there are gems of informationin ther as well.
Always remember the only stupid question is the one that remains unasked.

Regards

John