[arch-general] [solved] Virtualbox can't start a guest caused by NS_ERROR_FACTORY_NOT_REGISTERED

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:04:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

the issue is solved, but the culprit still is unknown.

In .cache/ I couldn't find anything related to Virtualbox.
Everything in VirtualBox VMs/ was touched before Virtualbox failed.
After restoring .VirtualBox/ starting a VM still failed.

I removed the complete Arch install and excepted of VirtualBox VMs/ I
restored everything from a backup that was made when Virtualbox still
worked. After doing this Virtualbox could start a VM :).

After restoring /home from the state when Virtualbox already failed,
Virtualbox still was able to start a VM :).

After updating everything excepted of systemd Virtualbox still can
start a VM.

I suspect that a random issue caused by Virtualbox or updating systemd
is the culprit.

Regards,
Ralf