[arch-general] Add wpa_supplicant to the Group 'Base'

Marko Hauptvogel marko.hauptvogel at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 25 16:29:08 UTC 2015

On 25.04.2015 17:51, Neven Sajko wrote:
> I agree that wpa_supplicant probably should not be in base, but
> it's worth mentioning that base already has many packages not useful
> to a lot of people - I for example don't have any of these installed:
> dhcpcd jfsutils reiserfstools xfsprogs cryptsetup lvm2 mdadm nano netctl

+1 for keeping wpa_supplicant out of the base group.

And just a general reminder, because it fits into this discussion:

"Before complaining about missing (make) dependencies, remember that the
base group is assumed to be installed on all Arch Linux systems. The
group "base-devel" is assumed to be installed when building with makepkg
or when using AUR helpers." [1]

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Makepkg#Usage