[arch-general] Add wpa_supplicant to the Group 'Base'

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 25 18:41:45 UTC 2015

On Sat, 25 Apr 2015 12:59:30 -0500, Sam Stuewe wrote:
>Honestly, I think an idea world would put pacman, linux, systemd, bash,
>a few bootloaders, efi-related utilities and their dependencies in
>`base` and essentially nothing else.

I guess _core_ should be similar to FreeBSD's world, including "the
kernel, core system binaries, libraries, programming files, and
built-in compiler". Basic software that gets more attention not to
break by updates and more attention regarding security. Arch might not
need a compiler for _base_, because building from ABS isn't needed,
since we can install binaries using pacman. As somebody already pointed
out, there are base and base-devel and even dash is exclude from both,
so those groups already are very small. IMO base could include
everything from core.