[arch-general] Add wpa_supplicant to the Group 'Base'

H8H h8h at dev-nu11.de
Mon Apr 27 23:21:49 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 06:02 PM, LoneVVolf wrote:
> Are 2 packages really worth it to create an additonal group or do you
> propose to remove dhcpcd & iproute2 from base to this new group ?

No two packages are not worth to create an additional group, but if the
base group should be as minimal as possible to boot up and since there
are no bootloaders in it, why not remove dhcpcd & iproute2 and put these
things together in a new group called network.

I know that sounds strange, but why should someone who have installed
the base group be able to get connected to the world through the wired
connection, but not through the wireless? I know that a wired connection
is more common, but isn't it better to have a clear distinction between
a functional booting system, a functional booting system including
network stuff and such things.

Don't get me wrong, but it is annoying to configure the whole wirless
stuff and netctl just said, STOP! There is ONE missing dependency:
wpa_supplicant. ONLY ONE PACKAGE I MISSED TO REACH THE WORLD :-(

:-)

cheers
h8h