[arch-general] at times when booting system-logind fails and system hangs

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Wed Apr 29 21:46:36 UTC 2015

On 04/29/2015 05:40 PM, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> I haven't identified under which circumstances, when booting the
> system hangs, and the only thing that can be related to that is the
> message:
>
> Failed to start Login Service

  Yes I have seen this but only on one of my computers (laptop, wireless
system account (starts at boot)).

  My working hypothesis is a systemd race condition of some kind - but
for life of me I have not been able to figure it out. Hard rebooting has
always booted fine after the hang.

  So yes, seen it but not been able to identify the root cause.

  Gene