[arch-general] PS/2 Hand Scanner Problems

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:30:04 UTC 2015

Op 7 aug. 2015 16:40 schreef "Sean Snell" <snellsg at neopcs.net>:

> Hey everybody!
>
> I'm dealing with what I believe is a kernel issue, but I'm still learning
> so please bear with me.

[...]
> The problem: I have a PS/2 hand scanner that works perfectly as a HID in
> Windows, verified working on the untouched terminals still using the "old
> system", but under Arch it's acting as if it's detected but it doesn't
give
> it's scanned data to any apps. The USB CC reader is working fine, as is
the
> receipt printer.

A bit of a guess, but do you also have a ps/2 keyboard connected?

I've had exactly the same problem on a Windows pc (also a t5730), scanner
appeared to work, but only once.
After I connected a ps/2 keyboard (and a reboot, the scanner worked.

I wouldn't be surprised if Linux acted the same here.

Mvg, Guus