[arch-general] Extremely slow battery status on MBP

Emanuel Evans mail at emanuel.industries
Fri Aug 14 20:09:54 UTC 2015

Hi! I have kind of a weird issue that I'm having trouble debugging. On
my MacBook Pro (11,1), checking battery status (through acpi or the /sys
filesystem) becomes extremely slow after the computer's been on for a
while. Here's an example:

$ time cat /sys/class/power_supply/BAT0/status
Charging

real	0m54.519s
user	0m0.000s
sys	0m4.663s

dmesg and journalctl aren't outputting anything during the call, and I
tried strace during the command and there was no output during the
blocked time. It's highly intermittent--acpi can take anywhere from 0-60
seconds with no discernible pattern. Any ideas for how to debug this
further, or possible solutions? Thanks so much!