[arch-general] Process 13696 (systemctl) of user 0 dumped core ??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Aug 25 01:15:07 UTC 2015

On 08/24/2015 06:17 PM, Damjan Georgievski wrote:
>>    I haven't seen or noticed this happening before, but obviously the first
>> >core dump was back in April related to cups. The question is "What should I
>> >check?" and "Does any of this look related to BIOS settings and the new disk
>> >controller?" (that looks more doubtful after looking over all the
>> >information)
>> >
>> >   Anybody have experience with this type thing?
>
> are you running everything Arch up-to-date vanilla or do you have some
> custom stuff?
> if you're vanilla, run memtest on the machine.

All vanilla, I'll double-check with memtest. After putting the pci-sata
controller in, I have noticed an IRQ 13 error on boot related to the failed
onboard disk controller. I suspect disabling the onboard controller completely
will eliminate that error.

(next snip)
 >> are you running everything Arch up-to-date vanilla or do you have some
 >> >custom stuff?
 >> >if you're vanilla, run memtest on the machine.
 > also, make sure to:
 > update the bios
 > and
 > do you have the inte-ucode installed and configured (this is very
 > important for certain cpus)?
 > https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Microcode

Thankfully, this is a situation where I have an older AMD Phenom-9850 Black in
the box, so linux-firmware should catch it. Thanks for your reply.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.