[arch-general] SOLVED Re: GA-990FX - on boot I get IO_PAGE_FAULT & AMD-Vi: Event logged??

David Kaylor dpkaylor at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 03:40:07 UTC 2015

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM, Kyle Bassett <kylebassett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Aug 28, 2015 9:40 PM, "David Kaylor" <dpkaylor at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Your problems are not specific to Arch. And not necessarily kernel
> specific
> > either. I'm glad you have solved your problem, but this wasn't the
> > appropriate medium for it.
> >

> David K, I suggest you review your post and see if it meets your own
> requirements.  No reason for a negative tone in this ML.

Am I somehow the only person who has ever told a poster their issue is not
Arch relevant? I'm perfectly at ease with my "tone", as you refer to it.

> I found this thread informative and helpful, David R. did his homework, and
> uses Arch.  I wish all the OP posts in my inbox were like his!  David R.,
> glad you got it working.

I'm glad the OP solved his issue. But I DON'T want my inbox full of
questions about none-Arch relevant hardware quirks caused by sloppy
manufacturers. At the very least, that stuff should go in the forums, where
it is easy to sort out less relevant info.