[arch-general] Installing Arch on an Alienware Machine

Hunter Jozwiak hunter.t.joz at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 01:27:00 UTC 2015

Salutations,

I am trying to get Arch Linux to install on my Alienware machine, but I am
having a bit of bad luck. First and foremost, I can't get sound to work with
the Talking Arch distribution, which is basically the Arch live CD with
espeakup and brltty installed. I did not have any luck with alsactl init.
Secondly, does Wi-Fi-menu use AES out of the box, or will I have to write a
handwritten config for the university Wi-Fi___33? And finally, are there
kernel modules for the Killer Wi-Fi___33 drivers?

Here are the specifications for the machine:

Sound: SoundBlaster Recon 3dI

Bluetooth: Qualcomm Atheros AR3012

Graphics: Intel Imbedded and NVidia GeForce GTX 970M

Ethernet: Killer E2200

WiFi: N/A/C 1525 Wireless Adapter

Processor: Intel Core I7

Help would be greatly appreciated.