[arch-general] [arch-announce] C++ ABI change

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 13:46:30 UTC 2015

On 10-12-2015 07:01, Arch Linux: Recent news updates: Evangelos Foutras
wrote:
> GCC 5.x contains libstdc++ with [dual ABI][1] support and we have now switched
> to the new ABI.
>
> While the old C++ ABI is still available, it is recommended that you build all
> non-repo packages to have the new ABI. This is particularly important if they
> link to another library built against the new ABI. You can get a list of
> packages to rebuild using the following shell script:
>

>     #!/bin/bash
>

>     while read pkg; do
>
>         mapfile -t files < <(pacman -Qlq $pkg | grep -v /$)
>
>         grep -Fq libstdc++.so.6 "${files[@]}" 2>/dev/null && echo $pkg
>
>     done < <(pacman -Qmq)

I'm getting a few results from the output of this script and I've tried
rebuilding some of the smaller packages first. After installing the
recompiled package(s) they still show up on the list.

Is recompiling enough or in some cases there is the need to do some changes?

--
Mauro Santos