[arch-general] plasma 5.5 and wayland

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Wed Dec 16 15:07:02 UTC 2015

On मंगळवार 15 डिसें 2015 9:11:15 AM Bhushan Shah wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Shridhar Daithankar
> > Any suggestions? What package I am missing?
> >
> > Following is the output generated by startplasmacompositor.
>
> Currently there is bug, due to which you can not start plasma session
> on wayland. Please try installing kinit-nooom and see if it fixes
> problem?

Well, with plasma 5.5.1, I am able to launch the session. There are several
small defects as expected, but I have a full working desktop now.

Now convincing sddm to show that entry in list of sessions is another matter.
Despite of putting following in /usr/share/wayland-sessions, it does not show
it. But it understands the entry for Weston somehow.

[shridhar at arjun ~]$ cat /usr/share/wayland-sessions/plasma-wayland.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Type=Application
Exec=dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/startplasmacompositor
TryExec=dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/startplasmacompositor
DesktopNames=KDE
Name=Plasma-wayland
Comment=Plasma by KDE wayland