[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Signoff report for [testing]

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 17:39:54 UTC 2015

On 12/23/2015 04:23 AM, Jens Adam wrote:
>> * linux-4.3.3-1 (i686)
>>     0/1 signoffs
>
> Can we get 4.3.x into [core] before two months are over (or before 4.4
> is out)?
>
> Consider this an user signoff; Arch [testing], default kernel (plus
> tp_smapi) on a Thinkpad T60p (i686-only) with xf86-video-ati and Xfce.
>
> --byte

Please don't murder my computer in cold blood like that. :(
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/46968

Did you check the bugtracker first? I would generally assume there was
*some* sort of reason for holding a kernel back, on account of they
haven't forgotten it exists...

I am hoping linux 4.4 will include the fix, and we can finally get the
updated kernel -- but I am not too desperate to get it for the sake of
getting it, when the result is a computer which cannot be used except
over SSH.

There is more than one model of computer out there, just because it
works on yours doesn't mean it works for everyone...

--
Eli Schwartz