[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Serge Hooge cuznez at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 04:50:12 UTC 2015

> If somebody wants to use a WM with a desktop, then it's possible to
> e.g. use spacefm or rodent for the desktop. If just a wallpaper is
> wanted, then feh does the job. FWIW parcellite is a nice clipboard.
I suppose I should have elaborated on that setup, but yes, pretty much.
I use nitrogen for the wallpaper, I do without a dedicated file
manager, Dired and GNU coreutils do it for me, but my wife has a
similar setup using pcmanfm.
udev/systemd take care of mounting things.

clipit is my choice of a clipboard manager.
--
Serge Hooge

()  ascii ribbon campaign - against HTML e-mail
/\                        - against proprietary attachments