[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Sean Greenslade sean at seangreenslade.com
Mon Dec 28 06:11:33 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 09:06:57PM -0500, D C wrote:
> XFCE, is that really future-? It looks dated as heck, not bashing it or
> anything, just saying. If Gnome Shell wasn't my long term desktop I would
> prob use XFCE. Gnome shell only comes alive tho if your machine isn't slow
> as Fu*%

Depends on how you define "future-proof." Personally, I'm glad XFCE
hasn't gone the way of Gnome, so I see it as future-proof in the sense
that it's not likely to go "tablet crazy" like so many other things
have. So while you may call it dated, I call it relieving. Change for
the sake of change is never a good idea in my book.

--Sean