[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Wed Dec 30 09:19:28 UTC 2015

Ralf Mardorf writes:

> IIRC, I won't read the thread again, all the mentioned WMs and DEs have
> a past and most likely a future. You might have noticed another thread,
> "plasma 5 crashing". The bloated DEs, especially GNOME and KDE do not
> provide a steady work-flow. New major releases often are released before

What is a "steady work-flow"?

> they are stable, but again, even if those releases would be stable,
> the way they work changes and breaks the work-flow. I don't know if a

More generally, what do you mean by "work-flow", and how have DEs like
KDE and Gnome broken "the work-flow" in the past?

/M

--
Magnus Therning              OpenPGP: 0x927912051716CE39
email: magnus at therning.org   jabber: magnus at therning.org

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety
     -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759