[arch-general] [OT?] Which is most future-proof desktop environment?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:37:43 UTC 2015

On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 12:22:46 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>Personally I've not come across anything in new releases of Gnome that
>has been even close to that irritating.

Dropping the menu bar isn't irritating? Employers need to re-train
staff, if such a radical change happens, not to mention that there even
could be the need to buy new hardware, because the graphics could be to
slow, when 3D capability is required. It's not only expensive, but
also polluting. I don't know another DE that made such evil changes as
GNOME does, IMO it's the most worse DE of all DEs.