[arch-general] Fwd: Kernel panic - after upgrade

Csányi Pál csanyipal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:29:25 UTC 2015

> Just do two or three passes that should be enough.
> Am 01.02.2015 um 13:48 schrieb Csányi Pál:

>>> Op 1 feb. 2015 12:41 schreef "Csányi Pál" <csanyipal at gmail.com> het
>>> volgende:

>>> A couple of things i noticed:
>>> -Nvidea complaining about not having a textmode driver configured
>>> - ext4 mentions 14 errors on sda4
>>>
>>> I'm not sure if these are serious or not. Could you try the memtest
>>> first?
>>> Bad memory can cause very strange errors and is easy to test (takes time,
>>> though).
>>
>> Before I start the memtest I ask an advice: how long should I run the
>> memtest?

I did the memtest twice: yesterday two pass with 0 error and today two
pass with 0 error, all together this takes 8 h 30 min.

So I can tell that the RAM is all right on this desktop PC box, right?

What do you advices me, what to do further?
Should I try to investigate the sda4 error or not?
Can I do something with the nvidia error?
Or just do a fresh install of my Arch system ( but first backup /etc/
and $HOME directory with all my setup? )

--
Regards from Pal