[arch-general] Any printer didn't work

MASAKI Yuhsuke hydrangea+ml at reasonset.net
Sun Feb 8 01:55:18 UTC 2015

Hi,

I want to use multifaunctional printer Canon MP630 and HP Photosmart 5521.
But both didn't work.
I reinstalled system and whole package on this month.  They worked before then.

I checked:
* Printers work on other system.
* cnijfilter-mp620 ( for MP630), hplip and hplip-plugin ( for 5521 ) are installed.
* CUPSd is installed and started.

When connected a printer on KDE or Cinnamon, show notifification "New printer conncted." and nothing.
Lately, neither show anything at a printer conneced.

When add printer manually on cinnamon.
The printer found, forward , search driver and freeze.

When add printer manually on KDE.
The printer found, show "Pcik a Driver" and said
"Failed to search for recommended: driver: 'Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked tthe reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.'
So I try "Manually Provide a PPD File".
When I click "finish," printer name highlighted and disabled finish button.

One day, I tried to add printer manually on KDE, finish button worked, added, and test page printed.

But today, I attempted to print pages, but not work printer because "the printer is disconnected or turned off."
I tried change cable and change port, but still "the printer is disconnected or turned off."
I click "Resume printer" on KDE. Printer status changed to "Idle."
I send print job, Printer status changed to "Printing," but soon changed to "Idle" without working.

When printer reconnected, DE says "Configurating new printer."
And return to the beginning but configured printer exists.
I remove configured printer, but nothing to change.

What should I do?

Thank you.

* The Rider, Hacker and Musician.
* +++ ENABLE YOUR HEART +++