[arch-general] strange behaviour after 3.18.6 kernel update

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Mon Feb 9 03:46:19 UTC 2015

   I have one server which does  internal mail and nfs - which went
weird after about a day on the new kernel.

   I remote admin via ssh - symptom on the terminal was many commands
failed in bad ways. Though 'ls' seemed to be fine.

    e.g. vi - gave input/output error.
         journalctl -lf -> bus error

     Rebooted and it hung on shutdown - there were manu input/output
errors on the console - after it stopped on systemd shutdown target and
got no further - i hard powered off and back on.

   Machine came up fine - journalct shows all logging stopped at 9.14 pm
and resumed as normal after the reboot at 10.30 pm.

   Any advice as to what to look for? Anyone else seeing strange IO
errors after a period?

thanks.

gene