[arch-general] Plasma 5

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 13:03:36 UTC 2015

After switching to Plasma 5 from KDE SC 4, I have a couple of small issue,
and I wonder if anyone else already has a solution?

1) I'm using SDDM now, but even with KDE4, I was unable to get SDDM to
actually launch a Plasma session. After entering my details, I get a black
screen and no further activity. I have to switch to another console, log
in, and invoke startx myself.

2) I used to have some global shortcuts for launching certain apps. I don't
seem able to set these up any more. After setting a shortcut on a lancher
in the panel (e.g. Firefox), nothing happens when I actually hit the
shortcut combination.

3) Despite installing sni-qt, I'm getting no tray icon for my Telepathy IM
contacts.

4) I'm not sure how to get my beloved comic widget back on my desktop :(

Paul