[arch-general] Plasma 5

Paul Gideon Dann pdgiddie at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:12:32 UTC 2015

On 16 February 2015 at 13:23, Antonio Rojas <arojas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> > 2) I used to have some global shortcuts for launching certain apps. I
> > don't seem able to set these up any more. After setting a shortcut on a
> > lancher in the panel (e.g. Firefox), nothing happens when I actually hit
> > the shortcut combination.
>
> Confirmed, please report upstream

I managed to fix the global shortcut issue through "Custom Shortcuts" in
the System Settings. I had to create a new global shortcut command, and
that seemed to work fine. I had thought that once a shortcut to an
application was added to a panel, setting "Shortcut" on that widget would
invoke the application, but that's not the case. The shortcut in the widget
configuration panel seems to be a generic setting, which I assume is
intended to e.g. open widget panels and other UI-type interactions, such as
a folder view.

However, global shortcuts are ignoring my keyboard layout. That's a
frustrating issue. I'll report that upstream if it's not already reported.

Paul