[arch-general] Maybe bug in glibc

Klaus thorres at brothersofgrey.net
Wed Feb 18 20:55:58 UTC 2015

Hi,

my firefox and seamonkey have been segfaulting for a month or so.

Running  the software with gdb produces the following errors:

Firefox:
0x00007ffff7de6567 in _dl_relocate_object () from
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

Seamonkey:
0x00007ffff7de6567 in _dl_relocate_object () from
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2

/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 is owned by glibc 2.21-2.

I have already tested the laptop ram with memtest86 and I got no
errors.

Deleting and creating new browser profiles in home does not change
anything, too.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Greetings,
Klaus