[arch-general] filesystem update

Aaron Caffrey wifiextender at bitmessage.ch
Tue Feb 24 22:42:36 UTC 2015

On 24/02/15 at 10:12pm, Simon Hanna wrote:
>Hi,
>
>the latest filesystem package now owns /home
>my /home used to be a symlink to some other location, so the upgrade
>failed.
>I "fixed" it for now by just linking my home folder into /home (since I'm
>running a single user setup it's fine)
>
>However I'm curious whether the directory should be left as it is, or if
>it's "allowed to play with"
>
>cheers

It's not just you, I have wrote a letter to arch-security, because I
saw worrying message afterwards:

warning: /etc/group installed as /etc/group.pacnew
warning: /etc/gshadow installed as /etc/gshadow.pacnew
configuration error - unknown item 'OBSCURE_CHECKS_ENAB'(notify administrator)
configuration error - unknown item 'PASS_ALWAYS_WARN' (notify administrator)