[arch-general] LightDM GTK+ Greeter 2.0.0

Armin K. krejzi at email.com
Wed Feb 25 15:55:15 UTC 2015

On 02/25/2015 04:52 PM, ProgAndy wrote:
> Am 25.02.2015 um 16:33 schrieb Pablo Lezaeta Reyes:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Version 2.0.0 of the LightDM GTK greeter was released about week ago.
>>> This release drops GTK2 support.
>>>
>> That's ironic, Xfce recommend lightdm as DM for the gtk2 theme, and the
>> upcomimng xfce-gtk-engine 3.1 drop gtk3 support.
> gtk3 already dropped support for theme engines, so fixing the xfce gtk3 engine would be wasted effort.

No, they did not, that would be a feature for GTK+4. They just discourage people
from using it and they keep telling them to just use css. I suppose you meant
that gnome-themes-standard dropped the gtk+3 engine and you are right, simply
because Adwaita doesn't require it anymore.

--
Note: My last name is not Krejzi.