[arch-general] Problems using AUR since upgrade of pacman db version

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 16:27:30 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 1, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Geoff <capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Not intending to contradict, but rebuilding cower worked for me.  I used a
> clean tarball and did makepackage --skipinteg (see the discussion under cower
> in the AUR)

Same here on multiple systems. The pacman upgrade replaced libalpm.so
from .8 to .9, you'll probably need to run 'pacman-db-upgrade', then
rebuild/reinstall cower (another thread also mentioned package-query,
which backs yaourt). If you're using pacaur there's an update for that
as well which adds the prevent-as-root check to align with the new
pacman 4.2 restriction.

hth,
-te