[arch-general] list of user/group ids supplied by official packages

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 19:17:25 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Oliver Temlin <temlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's actually meant to be that way. The systemd-sysusers service allocates ids from 999 downwards.

*nod* talking to falconindy about it more and trying to read the
systemd code, during ./configure it reads /etc/login.defs and uses
either the SYS_UID_MAX or 999 if that's missing (or a cli option). The
list of users it creates is in systemd-remote.conf[1] but then I was
confused as it seems that out of the 3 currently listed there one
(systemd-journal-gateway) *has* to be created by the packaging first
(I found a bug report for the same thing in both Arch & RHEL - RHEL
.spec also creates this user like Arch) but the other two do not.
*shrug*

-te

[1] https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/sysusers.d/systemd-remote.conf