[arch-general] makepkg as root

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 2 21:04:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2 Jan 2015 13:52:30 -0600, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> If you are using yaourt

I do, but regarding the posted link Yaourt seems to be the biggest evil
ever. Ok, the opinion is based on at least one claim that is untrue,
since there's no need to run yaourt with root privileges. A fair
discussion, without wrongs seems to be impossible, so I guess we
simply should stop any discussions about this issue.

Pardon that I chimed in. I don't need to run makepkg as root for my
needs, but for very good reasons my concern is pro backwards
compatibility, even while it's completely unimportant for me, regarding
to makepkg.

Again, I don't care about the makepkg options, I care about the
principle of backwards compatibility in general.