[arch-general] makepkg as root

Eli Schwartz eschwartz93 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 02:19:36 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 4, 2015 at 6:47 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> The attitude to ignore the Linux ecosystem all in all, that became a
> fashion a while ago is disgusting. The way to diss software contributed
> by others, the way to disgrade other users who might have less
> knowledge, who might belong to a minority is outrageous. Reducing
> "community" to people who contribute to Linux is alarming. FLOSS is
> based on public-spirited world views. Dropping backwards compatibility
> within a major release (for a ".dot" release) is ignorant. The tone of
> voice and no willingness to care about others, including minorities is
> embarrassing.

I am content to not-care as much as I please. This is a workflow
issue, I am not obligated to get on my hobby horse over it, unless
someone is actually physically unable to adjust their workflow. (Like
the guy compiling for a chroot on android, who found an acceptable
workaround and incidentally was very polite about the whole thing
despite, unusually enough, having a legitimate problem.)

-- Eli Schwartz