[arch-general] SSH security

Bigby James bigby.james at dimthoughts.com
Tue Jan 6 15:57:12 UTC 2015

On 01/06, Ido Rosen wrote:
> Or would this be something worthy of an AUR package?

That would be the way to go. Arch only ships vanialla packages where possible; a
third-party patch from some stranger's blog won't make it into the official
package.

Before going ahead with that, though, a note: I'm guessing you're concerned with
security and privacy. That's good. However, I can virtually guarantee that the
folks over at OpenBSD are much, much more serious about it than you or I, or the
author of that blog you linked to.  They've been paying attention to this from
the beginning, and OpenSSH has been receiving regular updates to deal with
it.[1] If you want to know what's being done about keeping OpenSSH up to snuff,
follow it's development.[2]

[1]:http://www.robesus.com/openssh-upgraded/
[2]:http://www.openssh.com/

--
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely
foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams