[arch-general] Is there a non file manager daemon for automounting like the ones provided by "pcmanfm -d"

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 19:10:17 UTC 2015

> I believe it's possible to mount with systemd (I haven't tried this yet).
>
> It should be able to automatically mount drives you've written the unit files for, but I don't know about automatic mounting (hot-swapping USB drives, etc.).
> --
> vixsomnis

Oh, yes it's, but actually I prefer and use autofs for media I know.
I want something like what pcmanfm offers for unknown media.  BTW,
systemd requires some trick for auto umounting (way simpler with
autofs suing time to umount).

I do use autofs as I said, but I'm looking for something that makes me
aware of new media available, and allows me to mount/umount it at will
without root permissions, and without having me know what that media
is.

Thanks,

--
Javier