[arch-general] Is there a non file manager daemon for automounting like the ones provided by "pcmanfm -d"

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 20:28:34 UTC 2015

> Another vote for udiskie. Python based, but works.
>

>> Im using udiskie with awesom WM. Im not sure if thats what youre searching
>> for, but it shows what device is mounted & allows to unmount these. Im even
>> more uncertain about what you meant by that: "Seems to be something to
>> automount with particular uid/gid only.", but my USB Stick was mounted by
>> his "name" (i forgot the name of that feature^^) => /media/USB\ Stick

Sounds like it.  I'll have to take a look.  From [1]:

-------
It has optional mount notifications, a GTK tray icon and user level
CLIs for manual mount and unmount operations.
-------

What seems to miss is offering to mount/umount through gui, since it
says to offer CLI (which kind of deceives the gtk tray icon).

I'll play with it.

Thanks,

--
Javier