[arch-general] What's the holdup on Linux 3.18?

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 19:18:25 UTC 2015

On 08-01-2015 18:57, Leonid Isaev wrote:

> BTW, to those updating, one notable (at least from my perspective) change with
> 3.18.y is the new module br_netfilter responsible for filtering traffic coming
> through a bridge. This module is not loaded automatically, so no firewall is
> enabled by default in bridges. Here is a dmesg snippet:
> ---
> kernel: [   23.690774] bridge: automatic filtering via arp/ip/ip6tables has
> been deprecated. Update your scripts to load br_netfilter if you need this.
> ---

I'm not sure I'm reading it right and a quick google search doesn't turn
up much besides this[1]. Does this apply to filtering via iptables
(traffic from/to localhost to/from machines on the bridge) or more
specifically to ebtables (filter traffic between machines on the bridge)?

[1] http://ebtables.netfilter.org/documentation/bridge-nf.html

--
Mauro Santos