[arch-general] dunst autostart

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:31:09 UTC 2015

Hi,

after rebooting dunst does run, but I don't know why it runs. I don't
want that it does run for all WM sessions.

$ pacman -Ql dunst | grep dunst.service
dunst /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.knopwob.dunst.service

$ cat /usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.knopwob.dunst.service
[D-BUS Service]
Name=org.freedesktop.Notifications
Exec=/usr/bin/dunst

Does DBus start it? If so, how can I disable autostart?

$ systemctl status org.knopwob.dunst.service
● org.knopwob.dunst.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)

$ systemctl status dunst
● dunst.service
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)
   Active: inactive (dead)

$ cat .config/openbox/autostart
feh
--bg-scale /home/rocketmouse/.customization/dark_cartoon_art-modified-1152x864-clock-spot.jpg
& (sleep 1 && fbpanel) &

$ pidof dunst
906

And I neither started it manually.

JFTR:

$ systemctl list-unit-files | grep enabled
acpid.service                              enabled
alice.service                              enabled (a script to connect to the Internet)
display-manager.service                    enabled
dkms.service                               enabled
getty at .service                             enabled
haveged.service                            enabled
lightdm.service                            enabled
rtirq.service                              enabled
remote-fs.target                           enabled

Regards,
Ralf

--
Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: