[arch-general] Is there a non file manager daemon for automounting like the ones provided by "pcmanfm -d"

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:53:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-09 at 13:44 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 16:34:28 -0600, Javier Vasquez wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Toyam Cox wrote:
> > > I know for a fact that udiskie allows for mounting and unmounting
> > > from the GUI.
> >
> > OK, great to know.  I installed it, though not yet tried it.  I'll do
> > it as soon as I can.
>
> The difference between usermount and udiskie I noticed is, that
>
> usermount mounts to /run/media/USER/LABEL and
> udiskie   mounts to /media/LABEL

FWIW usermount shouldn't be used with external green HDDs, it does cause
the known issue ;). I didn't test if udiskie suffers from this issue
too. I still prefer to mount manually using scripts. Rodent (and a few
other tools, have forgotten the names) btw. allows to mount by a click
and doesn't wake up external green drives. This might or might be
something the OP should consider.