[arch-general] warning: foobar: local (1.0.0-2) is newer than community (1.0.0-1)

Rashif Ray Rahman schiv at archlinux.org
Sat Jan 17 18:40:51 UTC 2015

On 17 January 2015 at 18:23, Jan Alexander Steffens
<jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:
> Resetting the pkgrel is indeed wrong. pkgrel should be bumped when
> moving to [community], and that has been my habit when moving packages
> from the AUR.

I agree. Even I used to be guilty. Although this is not AFAIK
documented anywhere, we were recommended to do this whenever the
question came up. I have added this as an AUR guideline:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=AUR_Trusted_User_Guidelines&diff=356844&oldid=356556

--
GPG/PGP ID: C0711BF1