[arch-general] Kernel panic - after upgrade

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:03:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 10:57 AM, Oliver Temlin <temlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On January 18, 2015 5:49:37 PM CET, "Csányi Pál" <csanyipal at gmail.com> wrote:
>>mkinitcpio -p linux
>>

> You missed that the base group should be reinstalled, as the error is not with the ramdisk, but with the files of systemd.
> Just run `pacman -S base' after systemd-nspawn.

To try and help you out I ran a listing of what's in the normal
(default options) initramfs. The only change I make is to add lvm2,
everything else is out of the box.

  http://pastebin.com/hGT6jSN4

  $ egrep -v "^(#|$)" /etc/mkinitcpio.conf
  MODULES=""
  BINARIES=""
  FILES=""
  HOOKS="base udev autodetect modconf block lvm2 filesystems keyboard fsck"

The output in the pastebin shows: /sbin/init -> /usr/bin/init ->
/usr/bin/busybox

hth,
-te