[arch-general] Kernel panic - after upgrade

Troy Engel troyengel+arch at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 17:49:16 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 11:35 AM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com> wrote:

> HOOKS="base udev autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard vboxhost"
>
> I removed fsck ;). Use mkinitcpio fsck hook and rw on the kernel
> commandline or don't use the hook and ro on the kernel
> commandline.

I think you missed the point where we're trying to help someone with
what the defaults are and things should look like to try and help him
save his system from disaster.

 $ tar -JxOf /var/cache/pacman/pkg/mkinitcpio-18-2-any.pkg.tar.xz
etc/mkinitcpio.conf | grep ^HOOKS
 HOOKS="base udev autodetect modconf block filesystems keyboard fsck"

Right now he's in a bad way, let's not get off into the weeds; e.g.
you have virtualbox so you'd just screw him up more if he tried to use
your HOOKS line.

-te