[arch-general] lvm activation at boot

Michael Dahlberg olgamirth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 02:58:19 UTC 2015

I’m having a problem activating lvm volumes at boot.  I have an lvm volume (/home) that is mounted at boot and listed in /etc/fstab. When I try and boot the system, activation of this logical volume times out and the system drops to single-user emergency shell.  Once I login I can activate it (vgchange -ay) and mount it without any problems.

I’ve run mkinitcpio several times, all with the mkinitcpio.conf file containing the following lines:

MODULES=“dm_mod raid1”
HOOKS=“base udev autodetect modconf block mdadm_udev lvm2 filesystems keyboard fsck”

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

--
Michael Dahlberg