[arch-general] systemd-nspawn : centOS container

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 08:01:39 UTC 2015

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 5:47 AM, Shridhar Daithankar
<ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> On Friday 30 Jan 2015 7:12:18 PM arnaud gaboury wrote:
>> I have happily used a second Arch as a container booted with systemd-nspawn.
>>
>> I would like now install a CentOS container, but I am not sure how to
>> proceed the install. What is the correct way ?
>> - first install minimal CentOS from an iso in a dedicated partition
>> (in my case it will be a ssd), then mount the ssd filesystem in
>> /var/lib/container/MyCentOS ?
>> - mount the iso file with systemd-nspawn --image=/path/to/CentOS.iso,
>> boot my container and then install CentOS .
>
> I haven't tried it myself but you could use a pre-built image like this
>
> http://images.linuxcontainers.org/images/centos/7/amd64/default/20150131_02:16/
>
> Bonus point, it can run an lxc container as well.

Thank you for the link, but i doesn't really answer my question with
systemd-nspwan.
Btw, I deicded to go Fedora and installed this way:

# yum -y --releasever=21 --nogpg --installroot=/srv/mycontainer
--disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=fedora install systemd passwd yum
fedora-release-server vim-minimal