[arch-general] TLP ac/batt auto switch

Maxime Gauduin alucryd at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 11 16:19:24 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 10:44 PM, Maxime Gauduin <alucryd at archlinux.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2015 at 9:42 PM, Giuseppe Turrisi <
> giuseppeturrisi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> from about a week on my notebook tlp do not auto recognize ac/batt state
>> and it don't auto load the config. If i restart the daemon manually
>> after an ac/batt switch it will work well.
>>
>> Any idea to fix it?
>> I'm on a Lenovo G50-70
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Giuseppe
>>
>> --
>> * Giuseppe Turrisi <giuseppeturrisi at gmail.com> GPG Key: 0x64CC9BD9 *
>> * Questo messaggio contiene firma GPG ed e' autentico *
>> * http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard *
>>

> There's already a bug report about it [1]. I'm going to see to that
> tomorrow. Note that, for the same reason, tlp-rdw doesn't work as intended
> either.
>
> [1] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/45587
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Maxime

Status update: The issue is caused by a change in udevd v221 making forked
subshells unusable. Udev rules will need a non-trivial rewrite to work
again. Thomas Koch (the author) has already made good progress, and
restored correct behavior on battery events. However, there are still some
issues with USB autosuspend and the exclusion of the usbhid driver, which
could result in some unresponsive input devices.

You can use tlp-git from AUR [1] until a fully working fix is available but
beware of the aforementioned issues. In case you run into them, consider
disabling USB autosuspend in TLP's configuration.

Also forget about what I said about tlp-rdw, it is unaffected by the udevd
changes, it was my mistake.

[1] https://aur4.archlinux.org/packages/tlp-git

Cheers,
--