[arch-general] current flash vulnerabilities - what to do?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Thu Jul 16 12:04:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, 15 Jul 2015 19:45:35 -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:
>Just uninstalled flashplugin (really should never have installed
>anyway). can always try gnash later, but I'll try without to see how
>it goes.

Gnash can't replace the proprietary crap. I neither have the
proprietary, nor gnash installed. For "emergency" I've got Chrome
installed, but my usual approach is, that as soon as Chrome is needed,
I'm not interested in the content anymore. JFTR assumed you're using
Firefox with safe browsing and auto-updates e.g. for Cisco H264, with
prefetch and keyword enabled and geo information and reports enabled,
then you don't need to care about how evil a Google browser or Adobe
crap are, since your Firefox is bad too ;).