[arch-general] current flash vulnerabilities - what to do?

Francis Gerund ranrund at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 18:10:47 UTC 2015

Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> Where exactly is this entry?

In the Firefox menu bar, click the "Open menu" icon (3 stacked horizontal
lines)

Then click the "Preferences" icon.

Then click "Applications" in the menu at the far left.

[Note: shows in the URL diplay area as: "about:preferences#applications"].

There are 2 columns: "Content type", on the left, and "Action", on the
right.  Under "Content type" is the entry "Flash video". Next to that,
under "Action", is "Use mplayerplug-in is now gecko-mediaplayer 1.0.9 (in
Firefox)".

If that is clicked, other choices also appear:
- "Always ask"
- "Save file"
- "Use Videos (default)"
- "Use other . . ."