[arch-general] current flash vulnerabilities - what to do?

Natu incoming-archlinux at rjl.com
Thu Jul 16 23:01:42 UTC 2015

On 07/16/2015 02:55 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:43:25 -0700, Natu wrote:
>> And yes, you have to turn off features in firefox to avoid
>> similar spying behavior, but it can be done without maintaining your
>> own version of the source code.
> But we need to monitor Firefox. A minute ago I deleted 7 Yahoo entries
> in about:config. Using Wireshark I noticed connections to a Yahoo
> thingy. If you clean about:config from all unwanted entries, you might
> automagically get new unwanted entries after a while. I consider my
> machine as a digital audio workstation with less security and less
> privacy. Pale Moon seems not to be (much) better. Maybe QupZilla is a
> little bit better, at least the history is better usable :D.

Tor browser, or Jondofox are another possibility.  I'm pretty sure
jondofox can be easily configured to go directly out to the internet
without using their network (not that TOR or Jondo network's are bad,
just too slow for many uses.  I do use both TOR and Jondo networks at
times) and the browsers (both Tor and Jondofox are based on firefox)
have been modifed  and hopefully spy features have been removed.