[arch-general] current flash vulnerabilities - what to do?

Christian Demsar vixsomnis at vczf.io
Fri Jul 17 15:20:14 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015, at 02:13 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> In Western civilisations we seldom need TOR, what we need are less
> bloated browsers, that still provide some comfort.

There are a few minimalist browsers out there. Gnome, KDE, and XFCE all
have them.

The basic comfort I require is cross-platform bookmark sync. None of
these small browsers have the manpower to do this unless they wrap
themselves into FF sync like icecat does.

Anyone have any ideas on how to sync bookmarks, history, and tabs across
FLOSS browsers on all platforms?

Aside, flash is still important. It should just be treated as if it is
riddled with 0-days (which it is) and an open door for malware. I've used
it more than a few times viewing .swf`s for college classes, for
instance, and I doubt the university is going to pay someone to convert
content that is still "functional".

There's a lot of legacy flash content that should be preserved and
accessible, but there definitely shouldn't be any new flash content
being created.