[arch-general] Tuxguitar: documentation and SWT/GTK

Alan E. Davis lngndvs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 04:57:11 UTC 2015

Thank you for the several ideas.  I have installed aps, for specifically
tuxguitar, and edited the PKGBUILD, commenting  the two lines about SWT.

I had done this as root, so when I ran pkgbuild I was told not to do so.  I
changed the ownership of the directory to my user and my group, chmod -R
me:me ...

Pkgbuild ran, but put out an error.  The earliest error message was here:

   [javac] import org.eclipse.swt.SWT;
   [javac]                       ^
   [javac] /var/build/src/tuxguitar-src-1.2/TuxGuitar/src/org/her
ac/tuxguitar/gui/TuxGuitar.java:12: error: package org.eclipse.swt
.events does not exist

I will install eclipse?

Thank you again.  This is a great help, a  learning process.

Alan