[arch-general] Duplicated keycodes

Christian Demsar vixsomnis at fastmail.com
Tue Jun 2 03:10:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015, at 10:36 PM, Facundo Curti wrote:
> Distros/computer, I didn't. But in windows it works fine. :/
> El 01/06/2015 22:55, "Christian Demsar" <vixsomnis at fastmail.com>
> escribió:
>
> > On Mon, Jun 1, 2015, at 09:50 PM, Facundo Curti wrote:
> > > Hi. I hope someone can help me please.
> > >
> > > I bought a new keyboard, a noga NKB-710. The problem is that, according
> > > xev, four of the keys have the same keycode...
> > >
> > > The keys Ctrl, Alt, Win*** and shift, have the same keycode, 50. Off
> > > course, it doesn't work correctly. and this way, It's imposible to me to
> > > configure it with xmodmap.
> > >
> > > I don't know what data I can share. I hope this to be sufficient:
> > >
> > > attached a lsusb -v output
> > >
> > > Thx, bye! :P
> > > Email had 1 attachment:
> > > + lsusb-v2
> > >   20k (application/octet-stream)
> >
> > Have you tested if it works in other distros or other computers? Might
> > narrow down the problem.
> >
> > --
> > vixsomnis

(please bottom-post if you can)

I installed the xorg-xev package to compare to what you're seeing. I
think the X11 keycodes are different from the codes actually sent by the
keyboard.

Can you post the output of typing the problem keys when running
    $ sudo showkey

I have:

    left-ctrl = 29
    windows = 125
    left-alt = 56
    right-alt = 57
    right-ctrl = 97
    left-shift = 24
    right-shift = 54

I think these are standard for all US keyboards.

That should confirm if the problem is with your keyboard (if the keys
show the same code) or in the driver (or somewhere else).

There's also the slight possibility that it's a kernel bug, which would
show up as repeating codes from showkey, since showkey is as close to
the kernel as possible.

--
vixsomnis